ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF GROUNDS AND TRANSPORTATION
Northern Cass School is seeking applications for the position of ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF
GROUNDS & TRANSPORTATION.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to Dr. Cory Steiner via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please direct questions or requests for additional information about the posting to Paige Carlson via email or phone call (email@example.com or 701-874-2322).
Extensive experience and credentials in auto and diesel mechanics. Individual must have knowledge to perform general and extensive maintenance on school buses and vehicles.
This position will be under the direct supervision of the superintendent of the Northern Cass School District. Specific duties will be assigned on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. The mechanic will exhibit pride in the appearance of grounds, facilities, buses, and school vehicles. Benefits will be established annually for health insurance, retirement, and leave according to the percent of full-time employment. This is an employment at-will position. Dismissal of employment will be determined by the superintendent and can be administered any time during the contract.
Major Duties Assigned:
1. General and preventative maintenance of all buses and school vehicles.
2. Major repair and maintenance of buses and school vehicles.
3. Major repair and maintenance of school equipment.
4. Continuous upkeep and cleanliness of the shop.
5. Snow removal before, during, and after school as needed and/or directed.
6. Watering, mowing, and spraying all grounds.
7. Communication with bus drivers involving upkeep, safety, and preventative maintenance.
8. Scheduling of major repairs for buses and school vehicles as needed.
9. Communication with the superintendent on major repairs, equipment, and future planning.
10. Assist building custodians with major repairs, building projects, and general custodial
duties as needed.
11. Obtain CDL Passenger Endorsement bus license and assist with driving route buses.
12. Communication with the superintendent on major purchases.
13. Supervise summer help with mowing and general upkeep of the grounds.
14. Attend all Building & Grounds committee meetings to provide a report to board
15. Submit all invoices and receipts to Business Manager weekly.
16. Collect and turn in all bus driver timesheets and mileage reports to Business Manager for
17. Attend all bus meetings as set up by the superintendent.
18. Attend all meetings as directed by the superintendent.
Other Duties Assigned:
1. Must see the work that needs to be completed and do the work that needs to be
2. Abide by all district policies as well as procedures and routines which have been
established by the Board of Education and administration of the Northern Cass School
Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 20 and duties may begin on Monday, August 23.
NORTHERN CASS SCHOOL DISTRICT IS SEEKING A BUS DRIVER FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR AND BEYOND. BUS DRIVERS ARE PAID $22.70 PER HOUR AND ARE GUARANTEED FOUR HOURS PER DAY (A.M. AND P.M.). BUS DRIVERS CAN ALSO DRIVE FOR ACTIVITIES IF THEY CHOOSE AND ARE PAID THE SAME RATE FOR DRIVING, AND A SITTING RATE OF $14.00/ HOUR WHILE WATCHING THE EVENT/ACTIVITY. WE CAN ALSO BE FLEXIBLE WITH TIMES (ONLY A.M. OR P.M.) AS WE SIMPLY NEED TO INCREASE OUR AMOUNT OF HIGHLY QUALIFIED DRIVERS. WE WILL PAY FOR TESTING AND TIME TOWARDS PREPARING. IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A STRUGGLE TO FIND DRIVERS AT NORTHERN CASS AND WE ARE IN NEED NOW. IF YOU WOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 701-874-2322 OR E-MAIL CORY.STEINER@NORTHERNCASSSCHOOL.COM.
READING CORPS TUTOR
NORTH DAKOTA READING CORPS IS SEEKING TUTORS TO HELP NORTHERN CASS KINDERGARTEN THROUGH THIRD GRADE STUDENTS SUCCEED IN SCHOOL BY GIVING THEM THE EXTRA SUPPORT THEY NEED IN LEARNING HOW TO READ FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR. READING CORPS TUTORS WORK ONE ON ONE WITH A CASELOAD OF STUDENTS FOR 20 MINUTE SESSIONS EACH, ON A SET DAILY SCHEDULE. THIS PART-TIME AMERICORPS POSITION REQUIRES A COMMITMENT FOR THE ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR, 5 DAYS A WEEK. TUTORS WORK DURING THE SCHOOL DAY WHILE SCHOOL IS IN SESSION. NORTHERN CASS IS LOOKING FOR TWO TUTORS TO SERVE 20 HOURS PER WEEK. AS AN AMERICORPS TUTOR, YOU WILL RECEIVE A MONTHLY LIVING ALLOWANCE OF $820 AND AN EDUCATION AWARD OF $2,360 TO BE USED FOR COLLEGE TUITION AND CURRENT STUDENT LOANS. TUTORS WHO ARE 55 OR OLDER MAY CHOOSE TO TRANSFER THEIR EDUCATION AWARD TO A CHILD, GRANDCHILD, OR FOSTER CHILD.
INTERESTED CANDIDATE MUST APPLY AT: WWW.NDREADINGCORPS.ORG
Must have a four year degree and a recommendation from a school District Administrator.
*Teaching degree not required but must be certified according to the North Dakota Standards and Practices Board.
Sub pay is $126.00 per day plus lunch. Substitute Para
Para sub pay is $11.00 per hour
SUBSTITUTE KITCHEN ASSISTANT
Kitchen Assistant sub pay is $11.00 per hour
SUBSTITUTE BUS DRIVER
Sub Driver pay is $22.70 per hour
Could also include extra-curricular run/$14.00 per hour from the time you leave the school until you return.
Contact Dr. Cory Steiner